April Board Meeting Minutes

April Board Meeting Minutes:

  1. Call to order 7:01.   We have a Quorum.  Present: Rebecca post, Nancy Douty, Jim Johnson, Joe K, Brenan F, Lyss Cook, Jared Cook, Shawn Cadigen
  2. Review minutes and approve
  3. Review agenda
  4. 158 members (155 members last month)  1 new membership and 2 renewals at board meeting
  5. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch – Scott Kristiansen
      1. Skykomish Cable Drop has some drainage upgrades and improved parking coming up.   Forest service said it may be a little messy up there.  Brenan looked.  The stairs and rails are ok, looks like they had some drainage issues up high.  Put in is still usable.  Brenan to contact Tom Okeefe @ American whitewater.
      2. Cispus Gate is open now!!!   Good job everybody!   The gate will be closed during forest fires and logging operations, otherwise great news!
      3. Brenan is attending the biweekly Howard Hansen Dam refill meetings (Green River)
    2. Safety and Education – David Elliott
      1. Joe was at the safety class and reported that it went great.  Rebecca will start working on the 2018 class.   Joe reported that they swam rapids, did seek / stabalize situations, boat wraps, etc.   Board voted and approved a motion to send 3 WRRR T -shirts to the instructors.  Rebecca will send them.
    3. Communications – Shawn Cadigan
      1. Banners are complete, picked up and paid for.  They look great!
      2. Helmets are in, Shawn passed a bunch out
      3. Website access
    4. Membership – David Elliott (N/A)
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty
      1. Flip Practice is all setup!  Jim will be BBQing
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post
      1. Hankerchiefs are in and custom shirt order is here.
  6. Events
    1. Flip Practice status (2017-04-23)
      1. Ready to go
    2. Green River Cleanup status (2017-05-06)  River ops-
      1. All set still need volunteers to help it run smoothly
      2. Waiting for dump voucher from King County (this is normal)
      3. Information has been updated, shared and resent at facebook, wrrr.org forum, waterlog, GRCU.org, GRCU facebook, OWA, Canoe Club, Professor paddle, etc
    3. Wenatchee Rendezvous status (2017-06-01)
      1. Same as last year camping.  Brenan will order toilets a few weeks before.
      2. Rebecca will work on Agenda
      3. Tumwater campground still closed
      4. Jared and Brenan working on prizes.
    4. Sauk Overnighter planning (2017-06-24)
      1. Just starting
    5. Misc River Ops
      1. Jared and Brenan are working on Prizes, articles, green river cleanup, shangri la preclean, rowers progressions.  Planning for Sauk overnight and later dates will start after the green clean.  Volunteers needed for the green clean still.  Brenan will turn on the online registration, still has access to GRCU.org site.
  7. Old Business
    1. None
  8. New Business
    1. Wenatchee Rendezvous General Membership meeting agenda
      1. Rebecca is working on it.  We will discuss the history of the event, Tumwater camping, club status, etc
    2. Discuss what officer positions directors are interested in learning
    3. Membership letter to members expired within 3 years – David will handle this
  9. Waterlog articles needed by 4/20
    1. NOTE: Make sure Brian verifies receipt of articles
    2. VP River Ops – Wenatchee Rendezvous full article
    3. VP River Ops – Sauk Overnighter teaser
    4. VP River Ops – White Salmon teaser
  10. Announcements and good of the order
  11. Adjourn