February 2017 Board Meeting Minutes

  1. Call to order 7:05   David, Rebecca, Brenan, Shawn, Jared, Nancy  – We have a Quorum!!!
  2. Review Jan minutes and approve no changes
  3. Review agenda
  4. 159 members (157 members last month) 2 new members
  5. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch – Scott Kristiansen – not present, nothing new
    2. Safety and Education – David Elliott – Nothing new except safety class info see below
    3. Communications – Shawn Cadigan, working with David to get setup on website and misc board dealings.
    4. Membership – David Elliott 157 members, a few renewals, website stuff is going smoothly. All board are good and current.  Nancy checked mail got 2 new memberships.
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty – Nothing to report, but she will contact Jim and confirm flip practice is a go.
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post, special order for T’s and misc order is in with Nancy’s vendor 1 week ago.   This is for different shirts/logos / colors / kids sizes. and 24 bandanas.   David is getting the artwork to Nancy’s vendor.   Hopefully stuff will be done by Green Cleanup weekend.   For the Tilton,  REPO will bring a few things.
  6. Events
    1. Tilton Trek status (2017-02-18) Brenan, David, Repo, Nancy are going.   Brenan is bringing firewood.   The details are posted in the waterlog, facebook, forum, etc.
    2. Flip Practice planning (2017-04-23) Jim Johnson has set this up, secured Vasa Park, David added to the budget from $150 to $200 from previous year overages.
    3. Misc River Ops: Jared:  White Salmon is reserved David added to budget for camping just in case , GRCU KP is reserved and picnic shelter #3.
  7. Old Business
    1. Status of safety class planning –David:   20 people, already paid for 15 subsidy size. Missed the article in waterlog, people are still getting in on the drawing.   A few people are on the waiting list.   Greg will get into safety class.  He won the free class at the Skagit.   David will update as we get closer to March 1st.
    2. Survey results.   Generally all positive with good feedback, David will post on the board forum for the board to discuss.   David will then write an article in the future.
  8. New Business
    1. Discuss budget –David took Last years budget, with some updates.   $150 increased to $200 flip practice.  WS camping $250 increased to $400, Jan meeting $200 increased to $250.  Bus supplies $50 increased to $250.  river ops up from $50 to $250 for new event banners.    Safety Class approx $3,200 prepaid.   Currently we have all things paid including safety subsidy and have $4,798.00.  This has all safety and camping paid for except white salmon.  Most the income comes in June and August.   Motion passes budget approved for 2017.
    2. Status for getting donations of prizes. Jared and Brenan just started working on it.  We need a price for the Green River Cleanup Dutch oven contest and then Wenatchee / Skagit events.
  9. Waterlog articles needed by 2/20
    1. NOTE: Make sure Brian verifies receipt of articles . Nancy said, Brian has verified some articles and not printed, Brenan recommends sending again as newsletter may be full that month already.   Articles Nancy sent in was Audit and prize for waterlog articles.
    2. VP River Ops – Green River Cleanup teaser, Has been sent in by Brenan
  10. Announcements and good of the order. David has the agenda auto emailed on the 5th of the month for VP Business to review and pusblish!!!   Spectacular work!  VP of business can then publish it for all to view.   Brenan slipped this month had some work issues that came up emergency style.   David is working on a roster ordering system where a club member can order a roster online.   Brenan will be able to log on in March and get the Agenda updated as needed and published.
  11. Adjourn 7:35pm and see you at the TILTON!!!!