Local drysuit repair

Shoot the breeze with other boaters about rivers, gear, and techniques.

Local drysuit repair

Postby David Elliott » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 am

I saw an ad on craiglist for a local company that does drysuit repair.

Scuba Shoppe 130 E Main St. , Auburn, WA 98002
253-833-8682
David Elliott
dce@dcell.com
David Elliott

Re: Local drysuit repair

Postby onetripmark » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:33 am

We sent Karie's drysuit back to OS Systems as it was leaking and they are making a brand new suit for her. I love companies that stand behind their products.
onetripmark

Postby David Elliott » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Both OS Systems and Kokatat are very good about this kind of thing. OS Systems has replaced my drysuits more than once for free or a very reasonable cost (in cases where the damage was mostly my fault). The one thing to watch out for is that they may take a while to get the work done at certain times of the year. If I just had a small amount of work needed and I couldn't do it, I'd probably take the suit to someone local. Also, I've learned that the best time to send your suit in is summer, when OS Systems doesn't have as much repair work to do. I talked to the owner a few years ago, and he said that winter is pretty hard on them, because suddenly people need new drysuits and old suits repaired. People tend to forget in June that they screwed their suit up in May, and then remember this in October or November.

Earlier this year, I needed new wrist gaskets on one of my suits, and I replaced them with help from Lyles. It was really good to learn how this is done.
David Elliott
dce@dcell.com
David Elliott

Postby Michael Howell » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:23 am

Try Steve Dumanis in Richmond Beach at 206-802-5939. He does gasket repair for several shops in the area
Michael Howell

Return to General Discussion