Sauk Summer Overnighter June 25/26th 2016

Post your river trips here.

Sauk Summer Overnighter June 25/26th 2016

Postby PinkyF » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:41 pm

June 25,26th of 2016 - Join us on a new popular event the Sauk Overnighter!

To sign up please email Brenan@plasteringplus.com and follow this link. Once you get the link via google sheets you will be able to view the group gear list and the manifest along with other tabs. If you have a tough time please let me know. It also may take a moment to load. http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1 ... s=574fa8c6

Cost is free for WRRR members. I will send over the spreadsheet of info and gear/meals. This is a great trip to get started into overnight boating. If you need to borrow gear or have any questions please ask! We ask you email rsvp prior to June 12 so we can finalize our plans. We hope each participant can bring or haul some group gear. We will have tables, groover, stove, fireman, etc. This trip will comply with MF salmon requirements

There should be a good amount of water this year in the sauk! The plan is to meet at the darrington IGA at 11am Saturday June 25th. From there we will drop the cars we can at the takeout, and head up to Bedal put in. We will then rig and try and launch boats around 230. For folks ready early we will do a shuttle leaving the put in at 1pm. Launch time is around 230pm. Saturday night, camp is on a beautiful beach on the upper sauk. Views of nearby peaks and a young riverbed should be plentiful. There is a potluck style menu for Saturday's dinner. There will be a menu planner and group gear spreadsheet posted on Google docs.

Sunday breakfest is provided by the club, and then the trip continues on downriver running class 3+ rocky road. There is a takeout at Whitechuck if you don't want to run the more difficult middle sauk with Six of one, Alligator, Jaws, Graveyard and whirlpool !

Hope to see you soon! Trip leaders: Jason Cohen, Brenan Filippini
PinkyF

Re: Sauk Summer Overnighter June 25/26th 2016

Postby PinkyF » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:37 am

Let me know if you can't get on the spreadsheet!
PinkyF

Postby David Elliott » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:41 am

I added Toria and me as IKers, but our final decision will be based on water levels and the availability of a raft. If needed, I can supply some group gear but I can't be sure I can carry it.
David Elliott
dce@dcell.com
David Elliott

Postby PinkyF » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Sounds good. I will be doing a wood scout on the upper / middle sauk in about 1-2 weeks with my ik
PinkyF

Postby David Elliott » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

If you do it the weekend of June 18/19, we would like to join you.
David Elliott
dce@dcell.com
David Elliott

Postby PinkyF » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 am

Ok sounds good, just got back will keep you posted!!!
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:37 pm

HI All, I am planning on doing a SCOUTING lap on the south fork sauk, upper sauk and continue on the middle sauk. I will be looking for camps, Logs, dangers where we may setup safety. Either Friday (17) afternoon/ sat (18) am OR Sat(18th)afternoon/Sunday (19th) am. I may camp on there too, depends on who comes, I have no preference..... Eddy on a dime skills required due to possible wood hazards!
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:57 pm

We ran the upper sauk and middle sauk this past saturday. The upper sauk is in good shape and we found a sweet camp spot (about 2/3rds down the upper sauk) with tons of sand bar (bring frisbees!!) and gravel with a nice pool to pull into. I expect flows to be a little higher than we had so all should be well. There was 1 log a mile below the put in in slow water we slid right over. It should be fine for even gear boats but we will watch our spacing.

The posted meet time was 11 am darrington iga bit if you want to get boats ready early and come down to the mill for shuttle that makes sense. 1 caveat, the private landowner doesnt want us parking in the gravel between her store (the new market) and the iga. She was pretty upset about it and I am not sure why. If i were the business i would want customers.....oh well.....

There is limited room at Bedal plus other campers , so lets just have one rig at a time in the camping loop. It is recommended that kayakers and small boats put in at the bridge. Rafts should make sure the boat launch is clear and then proceed launch in the campground. Please ask if you arent sure. If you need to inflate a raft do it up top and when you are ready we can throw it on a truck or trailer to take to the launch ramp. If we run into other rafters or kayakers using the ramo lets all pitch in to help them by us. We will he a large group of 16-24 people.

Here is my schedule fit in where it makes sense.
11am darrington Iga leave to mill
1105. Arrive at mill consolidate any people that have boats at top.
1105-1115. Consolodate people and head to bedal.
1145ish. Arrive at bedal and rig boats.
If needed folks can run a shuttle here prior to launch.
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Bump
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 am

The gear list has been updated! We have everything we need plus more. I highlighted what we want you guys to bring in Green. I tried to even things out, so people with a lot of stuff don't have to pack it all. I also tried to have a few extra things like groovers in case 1 person doesn't make it. RIght now we plan to bring 2 groovers down the river as we are at about 17-24 people. IF 1 doesn't get used that's great!

See ya soon!

Also you will see in Blue (I have cooler space / group cooler) or (I need cooler space). Add a blue box to your name if you need cooler space otherwise we are good to go!!!!

If you have allergies please remind us and/or be careful what you eat :-)
PinkyF

Next

Return to River Trips