WRRR overnight camping trip on the Sauk - June 24/25, 2017

Post your river trips here.

WRRR overnight camping trip on the Sauk - June 24/25, 2017

Postby PinkyF » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 pm

June 24,25th of 2017 - Join us on a new popular event the Sauk Overnighter!

To sign up please email Brenan@plasteringplus.com and you will receive a link to the group sheet.

Cost is free for WRRR members. A group spreadsheet will be sent over with info and gear/meals. This is a great trip to get started into overnight boating. If you need to borrow gear or have any questions please ask! We ask you email rsvp prior to June 12 so we can finalize our plans. We hope each participant can bring or haul some group gear. We will have tables, groover, stove, fireman, etc. This trip will comply with MF salmon requirements

There should be a good amount of water this year in the sauk! The plan is to meet at the darrington IGA at 11am Saturday June 24th. From there we will drop the cars we can at the takeout, and head up to Bedal put in. We will then rig and try and launch boats around 230. For folks ready early we will do a shuttle leaving the put in at 1pm. Launch time is around 230pm. Saturday night, camp is on a beautiful beach on the upper sauk. Views of nearby peaks and a young riverbed should be plentiful. There is a potluck style menu for Saturday's dinner. There will be a menu planner and group gear spreadsheet posted on Google docs.

Sunday breakfest is provided by the club, and then the trip continues on downriver running class 3+ rocky road. There is a takeout at Whitechuck if you don't want to run the more difficult middle sauk with Six of one, Alligator, Jaws, Graveyard and whirlpool!

Last year we had a HUGE sandbar to camp on with volleyball, great food and good fun!

Hope you can make it! Trip leaders: GOOGLE SPREADSHEET (and Jason Cohen / Brenan Filippini)
Last edited by PinkyF on Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PinkyF

Re: WRRR overnight camping trip on the Sauk - June 24/25, 20

Postby PinkyF » Wed May 10, 2017 6:09 am

Here is the 2017 link: There are different tabs
-Manifest (Name, allergies, emergency contact, etc)
-Gear list (Add what gear you have we can't live without, or we seem short on. We go through and highlight in green what we need)
-Shuttle (If you need a ride, or have room for people it helps us plan shuttle so we have a good plan at the meet up)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk
Last edited by PinkyF on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:16 pm

I started highlighting items in green we are planning that you bring. We are duplicated on many items so if it's not highlighted in green we don't need it!

Also in the notes column on the spreadsheet I asked a couple questions. Just add the answer in the same or next column.

Thanks!
B
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:11 pm

We added an emergency contact column to the manifest. If you could add a person not on the trip we can contact in case of medical emergency that would be great.

Thanks!
B
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Please check the group great sheet. We intend for you to bring your personal gear needed and also anything highlighted in green. If you can't bring what's green change the color to red or put a 0 in the cell and we will reallocate the gear. Thanks for everyone's help. The trip leader (Spread Sheet) really appreciates your time!
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Fyi, this may be a good option for people. I plan to launch my boat before the meet and meet in darrington empty at the new time to leave my rig at takeout. If anyone does this just launch your boat out of the way at the put in.

Some people will takeout at bachman, I plan on the mill. There are 2 put in at Bedal. 1 at the normal spot (please don't block or hog parking) 1 at the bridge just upstream of the camp (I use this one)

Weather looks amazing!!!
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:08 pm

We did a scout run this evening. All is clear, stay far right just after the put in then move left. We hung a wrrr banner right at camp. There is a big log jam, pull hard right. Worst case you stop on a gravel bar, then walk your boat to camp. We are camping on the huge sandbar.

If you are sure about your low water gear boat skill stay in the back with me we can show you the way. See ya all tomorrow
PinkyF

Postby PinkyF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks everyone for helping with the trip and all the cooperation. We got a lot of boats through some tight putins, eddies and rapids!!! Great job to everyone involved!

We had a blast and almost melted away in the heat------
PinkyF

Return to River Trips