July 2017 board meeting minutes

  1. Call to order 7:05.  Present at Claim Jumper Tukwilla:  David, Rebecca, Brenan, Nancy, Joe, Jared, Lyss, Lenny, Kat, Aaron, Mary, Jim, Savory, Jessica
  2. Review June minutes and approved
  3. Review agenda
  4. 141 members (145 members last month)
  5. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch – Rebecca reports success of the Cispus gate opening
    2. Safety and Education – David Elliott.   Wet Planet sent a Thank-you card.  Rebecca volunteers to do the safety clinic work for next year.
    3. Communications – Shawn Cadigan N/A.   David has been updating the Facebook banner.  Brenan is keeping the event information current.
    4. Membership – David Elliott.  See above.
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty.    Got the Claim jumper!   T-shirt guy is on vacation for the non Wrrr shirts (Swim team).  Next month is a phone in meeting
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post
  6. Events
    1. Sauk Overnighter roundup (2017-06-24).   What a great trip!!!  We had 27 people camping and another 6 people on the Saturday day trip.  Sunday 1 new member joined us.   Camping was on the large 4 acre volleyball beach.  Food was good and weather was great!!
    2. White Salmon Retreat status (2017-07-15).   Current fire near the put in has caused concern about the trip.   Reports on the ground is that the fire will be contained this Friday.    River is closed from BZ corner upstream of the put in.    Trip is still on.  Brenan to follow up with Hollenbeck park.   Brenan emailed Zoe, all is good at the camp.    Brenan and Rebecca to post and update facebook and wrrr.org forum.   Kat brought up boat staging.   We want to make sure that we are out of the way and consolidated at the put in.   Especially down by the river.   The river will be higher with almost no room.   Special effort will be spent by POD leaders to keep things out of the way.
    3. Poker Run status (2017-08-10)    Jason doing cards, Joe/Mary doing station 1.   Need a couple other stations which we usually find on the day of the event.  Joe to let Brenan know what he wants for food at station #3 lunch.   David will use existing raffle tickets to do the 50/50 raffle.
    4. Tieton Rally planning (2017-09-16)   Brenan will order toilets.   We split the dumpster with Mike Curtis.    He orders the dumpster.   We discussed gravel again, but voted that we do not need it this year.
    5. Rogue planning (2017-09-27)   There are 3-4 permits within our ranks.    People are starting to sign up.   Brenan will complete and get the spreadsheet online end of July when back from Idaho.
    6. Misc River Ops – Brenan received his $10 bet from Rebecca regarding Sauk camping!!!
  7. Old Business
    1. None
  8. New Business
    1. Bank balance $5458.42, paypal $153.86
      1. Current year profit: $327.70
    2. Bank service fee
      1. $12/month unless we maintain $5000 minimum.   Nancy and Brenan note that we got the credit card to offset this.   There is supposed to be free banking with the credit card no matter the balance.   David to follow up with Chase and request a refund for fees.
      2. We had below minimum balance for 2 months
    3. Discuss finding board members for next year  (Brenan notes that board members boat more and have more fun!)
      1. Everyone eligible for 2018
      2. David will run for VP Finance – Need new VP Finance for 2019
    4. Charter renewal – David has not received a notice yet
  9. Waterlog articles needed by 7/20
    1. NOTE: Make sure Brian verifies receipt of articles
    2. VP River Ops – Tieton Rally full article  (Brenan)
    3. President – Article asking for new board members (Rebecca)
  10. Announcements and good of the order.
  11. Adjourn   7:45pm

Edit