March 2016 Board Meeting Minutes

  1. Call to order @ 7:03 Brennan, David, Jason, Rebecca, Jared, Matt, Joe
  2. Reviewed and approved February meeting minutes
  3. Reviewed agenda
  4. 141 members (141 members last month)
  5. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch – Brenan Filippini: Sent letters out regarding Nooksack access. SB 6363 has passed the Senate, waiting on governor’s signature. If you have time, read the bill and send a letter or email to the governor — Adam will put up FB post.
    2. Safety and Education – Jared Cook: Safety class is set up for May 28th & 29th with Wet Planet on the Cedar. One person has expressed interest so far. Cost per person is $250 but WRRR will subsidize $100. Jared will write Waterlog article.
    3. Communications – David Elliott: Has been keeping WRRR website up-to-date.
    4. Membership – Joe Koncikowski: Plans to draft email to send to recently expired members.
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty (not present)
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post: no news
  6. Old Business
    1. Stickers – David Elliott: There was a lot of interest on Facebook. Will order 300 for $158 (5×3). David will do a mock-up and send out sample before we order.
    2. Tilton Trek roundup: A lot bigger turnout than expected, 30-40 people? Launch was split into two groups, which worked better for boat control. OWA expressed interest in joining us for the Tilton Trek.
    3. Green River Cleanup status – Brennan Filippino: On track, just need more volunteer commitments. Brennan will post request online. David took first shift, and Rebecca second shift at Headworks. Just need volunteers for KP. Will run gorge morning of Shangri-la cleanup and look for trash and make a map. Shangri-La is reserved. Trashbins and bags are procured. Free parking at state parks that weekend.
    4. Safety class status — See Safety and Education Committee report above (May 28th & 29th on Cedar River)
    5. Summary of the Rowers/IK Progression: Good turnout, had approx. 24 people on lower Sauk. March 20th is next one on Nisqually (likely 11 a.m. meet time at put-in).
  7. New Business
    1. Flip practice planning – Nancy had sent email prior to meeting: Will make sure Brian has Waterlog article and will check with Jim Johnson to make sure we’re on track.
    2. Wenatchee Rendezvous planning – Still planning on camping at same spot as last year. Will also have general membership meeting. Adam will send emails to try get discounts or sponsorships for prizes.
    3. White Salmon discussion – Brennan will contact campground, they have requested that we pre-pay. Also planning on running the lower on Sunday.
    4. Rogue River Permits – Rebecca and Brennan both got one. Plan is to launch for Sep 21/22.
    5. Prize donations planning – Adam will send emails to try get discounts or sponsorships for prizes; hopes to have more info by April board meeting.
    6. April meeting location –  Tukwila Claim Jumper
  8. Waterlog articles needed by 3/20
    1. Green River Cleanup full article – Brennan
    2. Wenatchee Rendezvous Teaser
    3. Flip practice article – Nancy has sent it to Brian
    4. Update committee chairs – David will remind Brian
  9. Announcements and good of the order – There is a lot of trash on the Nisqually. Repo will contact Tacoma city light to see if they could arrange for trash bins on day of IK/Rower’s Progression.
  10. Adjourn @ 7:50