November 2016 Board Meeting Minutes

  1. Call to order @ 7:03 p.m. with  David, Nancy, Brennan, Adam, Rebecca, Matt, Joe
  2. Reviewed and approved October 2016 meeting minutes
  3. Reviewed agenda
  4. 147 members (150 members last month)
  5. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch – Brenan Filippini:
      1. Jacks Pass Rd is washed out (NF Sky); public comment period is now closed.
      2. Talks are still ongoing with PUD and FERC regarding access on the Cispus River.
      3. DNR is doing work at Maple Falls raft takeout on Nooksack River.
    2. Safety and Education – no report
    3. Communications – David Elliott:
      1. Working on improving website, including new reports available for board members, e.g. Events report, Member roster, Eligible candidates report, Rule of 85 report.
    4. Membership – Joe Koncikowski – No news.
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty: Has been picking up club mail regularly. No news.
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post – No news
  6. Old Business
    1. Sauktoberfest roundup – Big turnout, went great.
    2. Tilton Trek planning – Club will buy firewood; no other formal planning necessary.
  7. New Business
    1. Election committee
      1. We’ve received approx. 18 ballots so far.
      2. David will send out second set of ballots around November 15
    2. 2016 Year in Review:
      1. Having website calendar set in advance for club events has been very helpful.
      2. Will make sure to offer a Safety Class and scholarships next year
      3. Will continue to plan September Rogue trip, though it is not a club sponsored event.
    3. Appoint Audit Committee:  David, Nancy, and Mark Burns (pending recruitment)
    4. January general membership meeting planning: Will discuss river permits and introduce the Board. Need to draft agenda.
    5. Member survey:
      1. David posted the survey draft on the Board Forum on the website. There are many engaging questions that should give us good feedback. Please review and let David know if you have any suggestions. Will be sent to members on Dec 1.
  8. Waterlog articles needed by 11/20
    1. NOTE: Make sure Brian verifies receipt of articles
    2. VP River Ops – New Year’s Day Float article and Tilton Trek article – Rerun similar articles as last year
    3. Chairman – January General Membership Meeting announcement – David will write the announcement
    4. Article contest: Nancy will write an article for the next Waterlog about an article contest; David will re-post to FB. You will be eligible for a $30 prize if you write an article and it is published — we will draw a winner once a quarter.
  9. Announcements and good of the order: David shared his wisdom on getting stuck on the right side of The Nozzle.
  10. Adjourn @ 7:54 p.m.