October 2015 Board Meeting Minutes

  1. Call to order @ 7:04
  2. Review minutes and approve
  3. Review agenda
  4. Current member count: 139 (last month 135)
  5. Heard from Maddy Hollenbeck on proposed Girl Scout Silver Award project at next Green River Cleanup
  6. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch
      1. Middle middle Snoqualmie takeout ??
      2. Trying to get access to upper Nisqually, Rebecca taking Nisqually river council (non-profit) down 3rd/4th November
    2. Safety and Education – Rebecca Post
      1. Nothing new
      2. David and Rebecca to talk about budget. This year’s class was really good and would like to do it again. Certification is good for 3 years (maybe 2 on and 1 year off
    3. Communications – Adam Schierenbeck
      1. Not present
    4. Membership – Mary Koncikowski
      1. Not present
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty
      1. Nothing to report
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post
      1. Brenan putting in order for super shirts in about a week. There is request for “Pray for Rain” logo, David can get the art. Cost is about $7/$8.
  7. Old Business
    1. Tieton Rally roundup
      1. Dumpster – Nancy loved the dumpster, would like to have recycle as well. Not sure if they do that in Yakima. Nancy will check for glass and aluminum. Brenan make a motion to get our own dumpster next year. Motion seconded and all approve.
      2. OWA toilets – talk to them about if they need one next year, just not a lot of people from OWA or they aren’t in our area where the toilets are.
    2. Repair Clinic status
      1. Nancy might have to work that day, giving pizza details to Rebecca just in case.
    3. Sauktoberfest status
      1. Have slip and slide backup ready to go in case there is no water.
  8. New Business
    1. Finance report
      1. Still have to pay Brenan back, but still have a lot of money available for safety next year.
    2. Ballot
      1. Brian and Chris are Election Committee – work with Mary to finalize the ballot so David can send out the 1st of November
    3. Rogue 2016
      1. Article to get people interested – Low water, 23 people went and it worked well, weather was great.
      2. Possibly try for earlier date – just work around the poker run, maybe even in June.
  9. Waterlog articles needed by 10/20
    1. Nothing official, but it would be nice to help out Brian
      1. Brenan to spearhead a Rogue article
      2. Rebeca could put together a Thompson article
    2. Bunch of boat gear donated, will bring to swap and hang on some stuff for prizes, maybe sell some – money to go to WRRR.
  10. Announcements and good of the order
  11. Adjourn @ 7:29