June 2017 Board Meeting Minutes

  1. Call to order 7:07  (Present Nancy, Rebecca, Joe K, David, Brenan, Jared)
  2. Review minutes and approve
  3. Review agenda
  4. 145 members (153 members last month)
  5. Standing Committee Reports
    1. River Watch – N/A
    2. Safety and Education – David Elliott: Postpone 50/50 raffle to poker run.   Discussion to move to White Salmon.   David will grab tickets if raffle happens
    3. Communications – N/A
    4. Membership – David Elliott:   Been sending out notices.  Seems like some people are later than usual.   Rebecca asked about postcards.    Consensus seems to be to hold off on postcards.  No action
    5. Programs/Volunteers – Nancy Douty:  Nancy will call and reserve Claim Jumper for the July board meeting.
    6. WRRR Wear – Rebecca Post:  Sold items at the wenatchee approx $190.00.    Rebecca discussed with Nancy to get swim team 2017 shirts.  (These are seperate from wrrr)
  6. Events
    1. Wenatchee Rendezvous roundup (2017-06-01)   Event seemed to go just fine.   Lots of swimming and flipping!    David asked about others camping at Eagle creek.   Area is dispersed camping like the Tieton.   Tumwater group camp will not reopen in the near future.   David will complete the accounting this week.   Swimmers belong to an elite team.  In fact most the folks on the call swam 🙂
    2. Sauk Overnighter status (2017-06-24)    Brenan and Jason are ready.  Approx 24 people signed up.  WRRR will provide breakfest Sunday.   Dinner potluck saturday.   Levels look perfect.   Planning to get people to slowly launch as they are ready to avoid congestion.  Reports on the river are clear.   Brenan will run this week.
    3. White Salmon Retreat status (2017-07-15).    David will have checkbook to pay for camping.   David will do 50/50 raffle.
    4. Poker Run planning (2017-08-10)   Volunteers needed.    Randy and Nancy Station #2, Rebecca can help station #5.  Brenan is a station.
    5. Misc River Ops.     THANKYOU Mary for cleaning out the river ops bin and going through it!!!!
  7. Old Business
    1. WRRR will not be at Shangri La 2018 for the green river cleanup.   Camping will be at Kanasket Palmer.   Dates are getting set for 2018 green cleanup.
  8. New Business
    1. Determine location of July board meeting.   Claim Jumper, Nancy will reserve this week.
    2. Conference call number will change for August meeting – details pending.   David will post the info when he has it at wrrr.org
  9. Waterlog articles needed by 6/20
    1. NOTE: Make sure Brian verifies receipt of articles
    2. VP River Ops – Poker Run full article
    3. VP River Ops – Tieton Rally teaser
  10. Announcements and good of the order.   We LOVE THIS CLUB!!!
  11. Adjourn